Bored and not in the mood. Which is not normal. My tolerance and patience for people - husband, kids, coworkers, friends, stranger, store clerk, musician, teacher, - anybody - with that kind of attitude is usually nil.
Brace yourself....I plan to ramble.....
I wrote this on my quote board a couple of weeks ago, hoping for some stirring that would make me more interested and just generally alive...
Hoping for a little drama. Nothing major or earth-shaking, just a little action.
Perhaps I should've been more clear. Because the kind of drama we've been having around here is n.o.t. fun.
Over a week ago, a little guy at school showed Eva his boy parts. That itself isn't that alarming - kids at that age do that kind of thing once in awhile. But what ensued was drama from the school on some very serious fronts. It threw Ryan and I for a real loop. That is NOT the drama I meant.
Sage McCage and River have been sick allllllllll week long. Yesterday, after chest xrays and plenty of poking and prodding and testing and treating, she was diagnosed with pneumonia. My sweet baby. Once again, NOT the drama I meant.
Thrown in there has been plenty of teeny dramas that are more like what I meant... the entire family oversleeping. Twice. Overdrawing on the checking account the day before payday. 2 friends having babies (healthy and happy! Yay!!). People saying sexist things at a book study. People not showing up to do their job at church (which is my job to coordinate). A dinner that I got everybody excited about that ended up in the trash. You know, the kind of drama - good or bad - that just generally reminds you that you're alive and keeps you humble.
I've been getting out for a real walk once a day since the New Year started - all by myself about half the time. Me, my yoga pants, the pavement, fresh air, and ear buds. That's the life! I know I've asked you before, but please pretty please listen to this song...
Marcus Mumford has been working on me during those walks, especially with the phrase:
These bodies, we will live.
These bodies, we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life.
Yes. I will live and then I will die. And while I live, I want to truly deeply richly live. I am stepping out of my funk, stopping the drama crave, and deeply investing myself in each moment with the ones I love. THAT will awake my soul!




