pumpkin roll

This one stud I know turned 32 this week.



I met him when he was 18.  When he was 19 and we were busy falling in love, he probably mentioned somewhere in there that he is also in love with pumpkin.  I was far too busy noticing his biceps and trying to get my hair "just so" to catch that detail.

Fortunately, his Pumpkin-Mistress has not gotten between us because I bring the orange vegetable out every year in some form for his birthday.  I don't like a single pumpkin thing.  BUT THIS.  This pumpkin roll is deeeeee-to-the-lish.  Try it - while its still Fall!  If you stick a candle in it and sing happy birthday to Ryan, it will taste even better, I promise.


Pumpkin Roll (from Dawn...thank you!!)
3 eggs, beaten
2/3 c. solid cooked pumpkin
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

filling:
8 oz. light cream cheese, room temp
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. margarine

Beat together the roll ingredients.  Line a jelly-roll pan with parchment paper.  Pour mixture into the pan and spread evenly - it will be thin.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15ish minutes.

Immediately, turn it out onto a tea towel.  Peel off the parchment paper and roll the cake and towel together into one solid roll.  Cool completely.  

Whip together the filling ingredients.  Unroll the roll and spread the filling over it evenly.  Re-roll it up, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate.  Slice to serve.