berry reserves

"Every day, she blew through her entire reserve."
~ Cheryl Strayed, in Wild, describing her mother

Things are generally in a funk around here this week...
School is almost out.
Ryan is exhausted.
Eva is moody because change is coming.
I'm moody because change is coming.
I'm t-i-r-e-d.  Just plain physically tired.  Despite getting far more exercise and eating far healthier these past few months than I have for years.

But I read that quote last week in the memoir I'm reading.  And I want to live my days like that.  Every single day - just blow through it all with great gusto and leave nothing to spare.  To fall into bed exhausted by so much excitement and hard work and drama.  Even when I'm tired and moody.  

Some things are a good boost to living that way...
mint tea from our garden mint
my new family room walls
a good book to read - I do totally recommend Wild
texts from Lisa in Colorado
and all the strawberries that seem to be everywhere in our life this week....

You know its going to be a good day when your papa shows up with 30 pounds of fresh picked berries, and then your mama shows up to help you put them up for freezing!

River declared this his "berry tool" and was quite "helpful".  Picking them up one by one to be sliced.



Strawberry shortcake for lunch and 23 quart bags in the freezer.  Speaking of reserves. 

Come on over anytime.  
We'll whip up shortcake and make it a meal.