Luke took these pictures of sweet little Sage Eliza last week.
What a beauty. When she smiles, her whole face smiles. About a month ago, someone asked me how it was going for River with an infant in our family. I said it was going well at the moment, but I knew it would get harder and that he would probably start acting jealous eventually. Irene - my bible study group leader - a kind and so very wise woman - said "Don't borrow that from tomorrow."
Don't borrow that from tomorrow.
Those five words have been stirring around in my brain and have, over time, truly set me free to enjoy the moment. I want to live up today and celebrate today's victories instead of borrowing tomorrow's worries for today.
So today I will celebrate the fact that this little Sage is a super easy baby. She is predictable, readable, and best of all, a great sleeper. She lights up our family. There will be stressers in the future because that is just plain how life is. But I'm not going to borrow them. For today, I'm loving that she is such a total joy. And so easy.
And just a note about Shelese - I posted about her pregnancy recently - little Sadie was born on Saturday, weighing 6 lbs, 6 oz. They are all doing just dandy. Thanks for your prayers!

