About 3 times a day, I'm not in the mood to do the things I'm supposed to do. Maybe 4.
I give myself a little pep talk that goes something like this...
"Now Self, its not supposed to be easy. Lots of stuff in life isn't fun. Think of a way to make it better and do it anyway."
When that doesn't work, my talk goes something like this...
"Ok, just put on your big girl panties and get the job done."
This week, I put on my big girl panties and...
fed my baby solid food.
And potty trained my little man.
![]() |
| Look at those underwear! Black eye courtesy of the corner shelf in the playroom. |
I would go so far as to give someone my hair if they would potty train my kids. I dread it that much. But it seems that this week, River decided to put on his big boy pants and get the job done.
Praise the Lord.
His little bunsers are so cute in those tighties!!
And Sage is clearly my 3rd child, because I was in absolutely no rush to start solids. I could feed her only bottles til she starts kindergarden and be content. But alas, Dr. Jantz says we must begin solids by 6 months. So on 6 months minus 1 day, we began solids.
And lo and behold, she likes them.
And its easy. Of course it is, because its Sage we're talking about here.
We are headed to Kyle and Lori's wedding tomorrow. Eva, River, and Ryan are all in it. Two children looking shiny and clean and cute and neatly pressed for a whole day. Without the help of my husband. I will take an extra stash of big girl panties along.

