chicken puberty

I apologize if you're not a chicken person.  I'm sure you're sick of the pictures.  But these little ladies are our life right now.  Our promise of spring.  


When I started puberty, I wore the same yellow sweatshirt with iron-on bears on the front every.single.day.  I went to camp and didn't shower for a whole week (hey - I went to the pool every day!).  I had a crush on a boy named Tim.  And there were zits.

The girls are there.


Sasha, Courtney, and Lake Michigan have seen cuter days.

But there's something about their gawky-ness that is just so....you know.....likeable.

They make me miss my junior high students.  I mean it.


Sage McCage doesn't seem to notice their awkwardness.  This week, she is their most tender fan.


Bonus of turning Chicken-13?........They flap their wings and fall gracefully when dropped!


We counted them when we put them back in their garage coop, and there are now 21 instead of 19.  I think they age AND multiply in their sleep?!