No one cared what anyone else was wearing or buying. No one cared who was talking to whom. No one cared how loud they were being or if their kids were behaving. And no one was thinking about how they appeared. Everyone was simply moving within this giant pulsating gym of cotton candy, balloons, blow-up toys, cupcakes, cranked up music, and junior high hormones. It was awesome. It really was like another world. It is so wild for me to think that Ryan leaves us every day and goes to his classroom and teaches those kids to read and write.
![]() |
| Maybe this face is what makes him such a good junior high teacher?! |
He has over 90% of his kids at the PROFICIENT level this year!!! Last year it was 50%.
Did I mention yet that he's amazing?!
I read My Posse Don't Do Homework and Madame Esme and imagined myself as some inner-city teacher. Instead I married a super stud who does it himself and makes it look easy while I get to stay at home with our kids. He truly does see each person as a person. Not a statistic or friend or enemy or number or object. Just a person who he could or could not interact with if he does or does not choose to depending on what is or isn't going on elsewhere. He is a stud. He's superman. And he does it while doing extra tutoring every afternoon and working at Prairie View (kids' residential mental health unit) on the weekends.
My cup runneth over.
