Moments

Its the little moments that count, right?

I'm feeling stretched to my edges this week.  Keeping up with the kids and our home and our friends and our life and my own inner chaos is really challenging me.  

I'm clinging to the little moments of success...

Buzz, Adam, Mara, and Eva.  Pausing their pool play long enough for pizza and capri suns.  That's a well-balanced meal, right?  cheese = protein.  bread = grain.  tomato sauce = vegetable. juice = fruit.  Hope the pediatrician doesn't read this blog.

Sage and Jude.  1 week apart.  When these two get married in 25 years, I'll say I called it.  Libby and I went through pregnancy and birth and now mama-hood together.  She is a pillar of strength and wisdom and fun and spontaneity in my life.  I'm so lucky. 

There aren't words for the bliss in my soul in this moment.

Two cool dudes.  This is why we live so close to grandparents.  For moments like these.  Buzz looks just like Dad did when he was little.  And he wants to be Grandpa Howard when he grows up.

At the art museum...Eva is front and center and genuinely interested in this work of art.  Makes me proudmouth, I have to admit.

I challenged Dad to a race because I genuinely thought I could beat him.  He kicked my butt.  And Ryan laughed hysterically at my "unique stride".  Thanks guys.

Now when I'm on the couch, she's outside my belly instead of in it.  Thank you God!