Silver Lining

"Life is what you make of it.
Always has been.
Always will be."
~ Grandma Moses, age 101

Ryan worked 84 hours last week.  No joke.

Eva's attitude is....well let's just say you can't call it an Attitude of Gratitude.

Sage is sick.  She has a fever and isn't sleeping.  Last night she was up from 1:30 to 4 am.  She wasn't crying, just wasn't happy and most definitely wasn't sleeping.  I'm about ready to perform reverse CPR because those blue bulb nose suckers aren't worth a thing.  I don't know if the eucalyptus oil-infused baths I'm giving her make her feel better or not, but they sure do lift my mood.

River is sick.  He had a vaccine on Friday morning and has been running a fever since Saturday morning.  I want to blame the vaccine, but it was just Hep B.  This Halloween will be remembered as the one he had the extremely cool cowboy costume (think REAL boots, hat, leather vest, belt buckle, wranglers) and did not dress up.

But people don't get on blogs to hear moaning.  And come to think of it, I don't blog to moan either.

And life really is what we make of it, right?

So here's the silver linings of our current existence:

Sage likely got sick from one too many tumbles on the rug and shared puffs with  little Jude.
She says it was worth it!
On Friday before his doctor appointment...showing off his new tricks...
He is in the 99% for height and 96% for weight.  And he's extremely healthy!
Ryan and I have an awesome partnership in this whole parenting/earning income/keeping life spinning thing.
The kids know they are so very lucky. 
This is what Sage looks like when she's sick.  Really.
She does scream and cry too - but still.  At least there's some of this!
Sick boy.
But there's nothing his favorite orange shirt, my blanket,
and a little Curious George movie can't make at least a little better.
Sewing with Mami!  I supply the needle, thread, and cloth.
Then my part is very much done and super-mami does the rest!




Go make the most of life.  Today.