peace

"Peace...
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work.
It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."


Ryan is gone to Chicago for 5 days.  Around here, there is trouble.  There is hard work.  And let me tell you, there is noise.  But so far, there is a reasonable level of peace.  The kids seem to feel calm.  I can tell that Eva is trying her hardest to not start fights with River, despite his pestering.  Sage is well again.  

Ryan is having an incredible time.  He visited a school in the "hood" of Chicago, similar to where he teaches, and says its like he found the Acropolis.  He set this whole trip up for himself and a few other teachers.  After years of soul-searching and job-searching for just the right fit, I can't describe what it does for my soul to see him so happy and effective.

Perhaps the peace on the homefront is because we ate every last bit of the left-over Halloween candy in one sitting.  Or maybe its because JoJo and Tiffany helped the last two nights with bedtime.  Or maybe its because I'm going on day #3 in the same pair of yoga pants.  (I wash them every night, I swear it!)

No, I bet its because in only 5 days we are headed to the cabin in Breckenridge with some of my favorite rockstars.  Yes, I do believe that's it!!

Peace - to you and yours!