Books and Buckeyes

Because this is my awesome reality...


...once in a great while,when the stars align, I get to spend some time on the couch with my favorite blanket and a pile of books.


And there's just not much better than that. 

Last night's stack:

Look me in the Eye... My life with Asperger's by John Elder Robinson
     An autobiography.  I wish John was my friend.

Nevermind the Joneses by Philip Yancey
     I'm trying to get inspired to keep on doing things our own way when it comes to raising our kids and keeping our house standing.

Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
     Another memoir.  Startling, real, poetic, sad, inspiring....a muslim woman gives descriptions of her daily life as a child in Kenya and Somalia.  She is now a member of the Dutch parliament.  So Fascinating.

Olive Kitteridge by Elisabeth Strout
     Fiction.  Decent.

And a couple of journals for quote collecting, noting inspirations, list making, etc.

If you look closely at the picture, you'll see a little ball that makes it all bliss...A BUCKEYE!

I meant to take a great picture of these chocolate covered peanut butter balls, and post the recipe.  But they are ALL gone.  Thankfully, Eva agrees about their awesomeness though because I found a picture in the camera that she took of them:


I've had them before, but this is the best recipe yet.  (Thankyou, Mariah!)

2 cups creamy peanut butter and 3/4 cup butter melted together.
Poured over and mixed with: 4 cups of powdered sugar and 3 cups of rice crispies.  
Add a little extra melted butter if it seems too crumbly.  I added 2 Tbsp.
Roll into balls and chill.
Melt one pack of chocolate bark and dip them in.
Chill again.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen.

Ours disappeared in 5 days.  

Buzz kept saying, "They're gonna see the inside of my mouth!" every time he ate one.  I finally figured out why...he thinks they are called "Bug Eyes"!

I'm headed now to make another batch.  
Wouldn't want to miraculously get another couch night and get caught without Bug Eyes!