Our dads were best friends as kids and grown-ups, so we've known each other forever.
He's getting a fancy degree in English at a fancy school in Chicago. This is him grading papers - because he's also a teacher there. (I ripped this pic from his facebook page.)
He is just an all-around great man. Interesting, interested, musical, whimsical, very very adventurous, quite free-spirited. But lately our favorite attribute is his excellent read-aloud skills.
I commissioned him to make a second cd for them for Christmas. His girlfriend worked for NPR's Story Core, and has great equipment. The sound is clear and good. I like that they don't have extras - like page-turn bells or sound effects or background music. Just straight stories. Read by an awesome reader.
I asked him if I could offer Story Hour cds to my blog friends, and he agreed. Because of copyright laws, you can just make a "donation" for them. Here's a few of the stories on them...
Curious George Goes Camping
Fancy Nancy
Blueberries for Sal
Caps for Sale
If you're interested, leave a comment. A suggested "donation" would be $10/cd. Best investment ever. Ever. Your kids and nieces and nephews and grandkids and neighbors and well, just everyone, will thank you!

