Village

Sage McCage is doing much better.  We are just doing one or two breathing treatments a day now, and no more antibiotics.  Having a sick kiddo brings into the light once again how crazy blessed we are to be part of a village...

friends to take Eva to Wednesday night church

another friend to take the two bigs for an evening of cupcake decorating and a basketball game and macaroni and cheese ("with hot dogs, mom!!!")

more friends to drop off a pizza for dinner

another friend to call and say "I know you have a sick baby.  I just pumped 18 oz. of fresh breastmilk.  Its yours if you want it."  She gave us a bunch for the freezer too.

a Mami to come over and hold her, and to help pay for the doctor visits and meds

more friends to have us over to drink wine and make quiches for our freezer

Like I said.  A village.  

Ryan and I have big thoughts on the brain right now.  Just big life stuff.  When I get all up in my head like this, I cling to my village.  And to the daily rituals that provide evidence of joy at its simplest...

bread baking...
...

the near-daily notes from Eva...
...

And how it helps to remember what this life looks like through the eyes of a 3 year old...

My cup runneth over.