5K

Eva and I walked the Emma Creek Classic 5K last weekend.  

Here's the highlights for Eva:
her friend Camryn came from KC to do it with her
getting a race number.  We traded because 880 was way cooler than 840.
wearing earbuds and borrowing her dad's ipod for the last mile
her teachers cheering her on at the finish
a can of pepsi at the finish line (I know!  Not provided by me, I promise.)


Here's the highlights for me:
Dawn coming from KC to walk it with me
getting a tan while I walked
watching Eva accomplish something hard like this
joining 1300 other women in a walk through town


Some of the brave band of 1st graders.  This is pre-race.  You can tell by the huge smiles.  
They had no idea what they were in for.

But look, she was still smiling post-race.  And she says she's doing it again next year!