The women's retreat last weekend was great. Despite there being no men around, we had a really good time. My favorite part was our soul journaling workshop. No wait, it was going to other dorm rooms late at night in my pjs to eat junkfood and read People magazines. No wait, here's my favorite - interacting with the multi-generations of women. My new favorite people are age 82. They are so wise and fun and inspiring and creative and simply beautiful. Phyllis is my favorite favorite favorite.
Worship leading and workshop leading went well. I'm really tired.
So let's let these pictures tell the story of the workshop...
I think about 40 women walked away with their very own unique soul journal.
I hope they find it as life-giving as I have. I really do.
They wandered by. We invited them in, but they weren't interested. Baby geese outside the window. That's what I call a retreat.
Sweet sweet Carol. She came down and told me that she had gone to the prayer room upstairs, and since she knew I would be too preoccupied to go there myself, she made me a prayer stick - a color for every member of our family. And she prayed for us each while she made it. By name. And we just met!! It could be that maybe its that gigantically obvious that we need prayer?! Or it could be that she's just that kind. Or it could be both.
Ryan showed the kids a great time this weekend - the zoo, baby sheep at his parents' house, the icecream truck, skipping showers before bed - and even had lunch on the table stove when I got home.
Now the Buzz is sick. Disgustingness is exploding from all orfaces every hour or so. Poor little man! And poor us. I think we need to be quarantined. Just can't seem to get well around here. Does that mean I have to step down from my high horse about how "eating well and getting fresh air keep my kids super healthy and we never get sick"? I think we've moved well beyond that. Just a quarantine will do.
Ok. Like I said. Tired. And filled with gratitude for the women I met this weekend.








