on Routine

We are so close to routine now that I can taste it.
Routine + Me = Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sigh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Just so ready for it.

It seems there have been mountains to climb in getting us all coordinated and clothed and washed and fed and spanked and coached and read-to and checked-out and registered and played-with and encouraged and let's not forget bathed.

Now I can go back to doing this...


This is what we "mom's who don't work" do all day, right?!

She looks blissful, but how happy can she really be?!  She is attached to the wall by a cord and she just got done polishing every last spoon in the house.  Despite how deeply I covet her phone and mani, I would take my life over that any day!  

Ok, all jokes aside, I'm done with the pool, and done with the "I can't believe the summer went so fast" conversations, and so very very happy that fall is here!  Things feel full, but really really good.  Highlights and lowlights of the past week...

* We got Eva's test back.  She truly is Gluten-Intolerant.  We weren't barking up the wrong tree, and my mom-gut was right.  We have made the adjustment, and eating at school is easier than I thought it would be, snacks are no biggie, and stomach aches are few and far-between.  All helped tremendously by the fact that I'm the only one around here that misses breadsticks.  She could care less.


* Ryan single-handedly organized orientation for his school of 6th graders.  I don't talk about it a lot on here because he makes it seem like no big deal and doesn't like it to be a "thing," but he teaches in the poorest, roughest junior high in Wichita.  He is the Team Lead, which means he leads a team (imagine that) of 25 teachers.  The poor man worked 24/7 the last two weeks to get the school year off the ground.


* Buzz told me today that he loves me "as much as a giant weighs."  Quite possibly THE sweetest thing that small man has ever ever said.

* Sage McCage has started pinching, opening doors, and climbing things.  Last week I found her on top of the piano.  Shortly after, I found her leaving marks on her brother's arms with those teeny tiny strong fingers.  These may seem like small things, but in the life of this mom who "works at home with my kids," these are monumental.  They mean life as we know it is changing and I will now have to be Vigilant Velma with not two, but all three, children.

* I finally chalked up our motto on the wall at about 2 feet by 6 feet tall.  Ryan and I have our absolute best talks on road trips when the kids are strapped down, we're holding Starbucks mugs, and there's a long stretch of highway ahead.  We scratched this one out awhile back while trying to nail into words what we hope to live in our home every day and convey into those three little growing souls.


Yes, it is.  And the presence of routine just made the Now a bit roomier.  Joy!