favorite things #6

Its been too long since a Favorite Things post, don't you think?  Come on, don't you?!  
I've been collecting these for awhile.

Like bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...



She can be one of your favorite things too, I'll share. What the world needs now is Sage, sweet Sage.


The netipot!!!!  Its insane.  You fill it with warm water and saline powder, and then you pour it into your nostril.  It runs through your sinuses and out the other nostril.  Let's see how many times I can say nostril.  It is amaaaaaazing.  Like a massage for your sinuses.  And your nostrils.  Not even a little glamorous, but no one promised that nostrils would be.  You know that incredible feeling when water drains out of your ear after you swim?  Its like that.  For your nostrils.


A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is the absolute best literary experience of my entire life.  Period.
It was written by a homemaker in 1935, who would get up and write - literally with her hand and her pencil - early in the morning before her family was up.  The plot is nothing remarkable, but the weaving together of words is phenomenal.  

The rooms in heaven have different smells.  One is babies' skin.  One is rain.  One is peppernuts.  One is old books.  I smelled this book every time I opened it because heaven is also a place on earth!  

Because the writing is amazing and because I loved this exact old copy of it, I rechecked it 3 times and still racked up a late fee.  Ryan bought it from the library for me for Christmas.  Most thoughtful gift ever.


I'm inept and can't capture the color.  But this new gray nail polish is only $2.89 and has a matte finish. The color is "sidewalk".  And for once, when it says "quick dry," its the truth!!


Its disturbing that its udder cream, let's just own that.  But its the best lotion ever made.  I bought a big ol' tub of it at an Amish store in Indiana, but I'm pretty sure you can get it at most pharmacies.


 Pomegranite.  An explosion in your mouth.  Every time.  What's not to love?


Look at my new legs!!  Just kidding.  Not mine.  But oh how I do love leggins.  Thank you, 1991, for coming back.  Sincerely, thank YOU, you have made my every day so much more comfortable.  Now if only I could figure out how to wear them with puffy vests....