Whether you eat gluten-free or not is irrelevant. These are hands-down the.best.waffles.ever.for.all.people.on.plantet.earth.for.all.time.whether.you.eat.wheat.or.not.
Its waffle night at our house once a week lately.
So it wouldn't be kind to hog the recipe all to myself any longer...
I use Silvana's recipe for all-purpose flour - just a big batch that I keep around and substitute for "regular white flour" in any and every recipe. Its the most no-fail GF flour mixture out there, and much less expensive than GF store-bought flour....
6 c. white rice flour
3 c. tapioca starch
1 1/2 c. potato starch (NOT potato flour)
1 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. xanthum gum
(makes 4 lbs.)
So, the waffles........
This is also Silvana's recipe, with some tweaks.
2 c. GF flour (see above)
1/4 c. sugar
3/4 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/4 c. canola oil
1 1/2 c. milk
The batter will be super thick. I think I have a medium-ish size waffle maker, and it makes 4 waffles.
Happy Waffle Night!!!!
