cheep

When I was in high school in the olden days before there were cell phones, my Dad often answered the phone with:

"Keim Hatchery, which chick would you like?" just to mortify my sister and me.

Funny how now its true.

More family photos of our 34 (yay!  still 34!!) babies...




This is Lake Michigan.  She has been looking a bit peak-ed, 
but with a good pep-talk and some TLC, she's rallying.


This is Lulu #1.  Lulu #2 is her twin.

You can't see it in this picture, but she fell asleep in my hand!  
I could pay hundreds of dollars for great therapy, or I could just let a baby bird fall asleep in my hand.  It was one of those moments where you forget to breathe and you hang in that delicate space that is not of this world.  
Her name is Cozy.

Several of you local-ish readers have asked about coming to meet the girls...come on in anytime you wish, pick them up, and love on them!  Just be sure to close the garage door.  Tybalt (our cat) has not been allowed to meet them yet!!