Father's Day

Because Ryan loves the earth and his kids (and ok, fine because it was his good idea), we went to Botanica on Father's Day.  Oh how I love that place.  (Here's when we visited last time: Botanica)


They have this fairy tale land thing set up right now.  You explore it at your own pace and literally play in the stories however you like.


 I have this wretched personality defect where when anyone - including my own kids - jumps or falls over or does something startling that upsets them, I can't stop laughing.  Sage was terrified of Ryan's "wolf claw" and I nearly peed my pants.


3 little pigs!  I am in love.

Let's call this little series:

The Bartels Try To Take A Family Picture, Forgetting That They Are Missing A Child, And In Typical Fashion It Doesn't Turn Out So They Settle For A Picture Of Their Soaked But Very Cute Littles.






Oh.....there she is!



We tried to make up for it, but "woa is me, I shall play my harp and snort my sorrows."  She was actually a very good sport. because where drama is requested, drama is indeed granted by this awesome girl!


A great day spent with our stud Ryan.  I know everyone thinks their man is the best.  But ours really truly is.