Gooooooo Wingnuts!!

There are 21 days until school starts, but who's counting?

We are checking off the last few things from the summer To Do list.  This one we had to do, if for no other reason, because they are the Wingnuts.  Wingnuts?!?!  A team with a name like that is a must see, right!?


I thought we would maybe make it through 3 innings, but we lasted until the very end.  I used to go to these games with Dad and loved listening to him explain and analyze the game.  My miniscule memory capacity is a true gift in so many ways - including that every time he explained the game it was like the first time hearing it.

I attempted the same thing with our kiddos....."See, right before the pitcher throws, the catcher gives him signs on what kind of pitch to give."  Oh I felt SO smart.  I know exactly three things about baseball, then I have to turn it over to the dad.


Ever the quiet observer...


And when did she turn 14?!...


They got along for 3 days to earn money in a jar for snacks at the game.
Every hour with no fighting = $1.
Every fight = loss of $1.
Magic.
They ended up with $15.
I'm going to bribe them with cold hard cash for the next 16 years.  Yes I am, because yes, money does indeed buy happiness if happiness is peace, love, and understanding in the Bartel house for three days.


Sorry for the selfie, but when I give the camera to the kids, I don't get it back.  The last time we went to a game here together, we had been going out for 3 months and I was in a frozen tshirt contest (which I won, thank you very much!).  My word, I love this man more than ever!


Sage's favorite parts were when they played music as the batters took the plate so she could dance.  And eating peanuts.  Except we didn't buy any peanuts.  But she ate a lot of peanuts.  Oops.  Idle parenting at its best.....


We got to go on the field after the game and run the bases.  Did you know that its not real grass and sand?  That makes baseball fact #4.  Go me.


Super happy that a Wingnuts game was on the list!