whew

We just returned home from Phoenix, Arizona - where Ryan and I coordinated a program for Mennonite Junior Youth at the big bi-annual Menno gathering.  80 kids - age 11-14, and about 20 adult volunteers.

Look at em.....how can you not adore those prepubescent little people!?!......




It was like 4 days of summer camp, but we got to send them home at 9 pm each night!  We ate three meals a day together, and fit in worship, a water park, the Anabaptist Game (where they learned about our anabaptist history and current day victims of persecution), a service project, a scavenger hunt around the city, games, a trip to the science center, salsa dancing, and more.  

WHEW.

That's an understatement.

I'm incredibly inspired by these kiddos, and reminded of what it is to be so raw and full of life.  

Inspired to embrace life with abandon
reach out to people not like me
search more deeply for who God is
laugh easily
make new friends
and just plain grow



WHEW.

June did a number on me - getting ready for this and keeping up with our kids and trying to manage summer.  I'm totally worn out.  But it is a silver lining that I am strung out and exhausted, and in the same breath so thankful and so inspired.  Thank you, kids.  I told you every day that you were rockstars, and I mean it!!