Its here!!
River's apple tree's first apple! And look how proud he is.
Actually its the tree's second apple because two days ago he and Ryan picked the first one and ate it before I could get my camera out so we're going to say this is the first apple ever and everyone is happy to oblige because that's how we roll around here in this chaos.
My pregnancy with the Buzz was higher risk than any of the other three. We thought we lost him at 11 weeks gestation. I was on bedrest in and out of the hospital for three months. We cooked him until 3 weeks early, when the doctor said we couldn't wait any longer.
He was just under 6 pounds, and the sweetest little fighter of a man I had ever ever met. We came home and planted an apple tree in his honor. We had poured every last emotional reserve into growing our teeny baby and we just sort of wanted to acknowledge that we were ready to put ourselves into watching him grow and make fruit on his own.
My mama-ness is sentimental today. All about a boy and his apple.
Yes, Buzz, I'll take one of you and your remote control monster truck too.....
My cup runneth over.







