4 lbs of butter

I'm headed to the land of milk and honey.

.

To see my Keim cousins that I haven't seen in years.  We are loud and affectionate.  We interrupt each other, don't agree on politics, share a love of our Grandpa George, love to reminisce, and just generally adore one another.  I can wait for the 16 hour drive.  But I cannot wait to be with them.

Here's an email my Aunt Charlie - who just moved to a new house on the lake - sent two days ago.  It will give you a glimpse of us Keims.  Take her times 15 more people and that's my therapy for the next 4 days.  Bliss.

Hi ya'all,
Hey, I am about the most un-ready person you ever saw that is going to be having a house full of company in just a few days.  I am so not unpacked.  We didn't get the place cleaned up till Friday night and into Sat. morning.  Just this morning, I got the little bathroom finally cleaned up.  I bleached the you know what out of that place and now it is finally clean enough to look at.   I can't find my throw rugs, but hopefully, they will show up sooner or later.
I also can't find my shower hooks, so I am getting some from Joyce to use till I find mine.  I did find the sheets and pillow cases, but had to wash them because of being packed so long and not being sure they were fresh enough to put on a bed.  I have 5 towels and need 10.  I hope to find the pillows.  If you all feel like bringing your own pillow, you may just want to throw one in just for the heck of it because I just may not find them.   I am hoping some of this stuff that I can't find didn't get donated somewhere.   I still have one bed to dig out of Wayne's garage to put up which they will probably help with on Thursday.  However, I am hoping to get a lot done tomorrow, but I don't move like I used to.  My feet are about ready to bid me adu'.  They have about had it.  I am having fun putting everything away in me like-new house, but don't seem to make much progress.  However, the rooms are all arranged and we have plenty of space to sit and look at each other when you all get here.

Anyway,  I was wondering if you all could sort of have an idea of what we could do for breakfasts on Friday, Sat. and Sunday.   If you bring a menu, I will get the food.  I just don't have time to plan. I am working on finding the dishes to eat off of and that is about as far as I think I will get.   Our plan at this end is to have fairly late breakfasts and then a snack type lunch and then we will all be eating together some where for suppers and are planning on having those at about 5:00ish.   My place for a potato bar on Friday, Brian's on Sat. followed by the barn show, Wayne's place Sunday lunch, and my place for left overs Sunday night.   At this moment, I have no food in my frig other than 4 lbs of butter because Joyce got it on sale.  That isn't really a balanced meal.   It can be added to one, but.......................