Serendipity

"Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love."
- Rumi


Fall, you do not disappoint!!  We didn't plan it...we meant to bike River to preschool and bike back home, but Sage said we should go to the arboretum and to me that sounded like easy entertainment for her and the little friend we gained at drop-off.  I thought we would take a lap and then head home to toys and snacks and to do lists.


But it was an absolutely breath-taking fall morning. These two played with sticks and leaves and tree berries and literally walked me through the most quiet, joyful, Slow-Down that I never knew I needed.



They played for 2 hours.  I got restless and thought of the books I should've brought and things to be done at home and work, played on my phone, texted, paced.  And f.i.n.a.l.l.y. slowed enough to sit quietly and watch and remember what it is to play with such inhibition. Their silliness and unplanned play gave me permission to just plain get simple in my brain.


Gerry, a man with two daughters and grandchildren of his own - that I learned to know at that spiritual direction day (click here) - stopped and spent some time with us. He took some of these photos, and with his quiet presence encouraged me to stay quiet and breathe in this space.


I'm so dang lucky to be living this life...tripping over myself with happy accidents like this this!  Fills me to my brim.