I've got my groove back!
I did it - I danced it out, played with the kids, made lists and crossed things off, got generous, wore my new legwarmers, called on friends, baked, and more than anything...
just plain put my foot on the top rung and climbed down out of my head!
This ebb and flow of hutzpah I feel for life is quite a thing. But I'm happy I'm not always Steady Eddy. I'm married to Steady Eddy. That stud lets me be a tad more dramatic without our home falling apart.
What is it about the holidays that makes me think we must have 17 containers of bad-for-you things sitting around our house? Like adding pounds is how we say Merry Christmas?! Hello there, hope your holidays are bright. And to help with that, here's a little butter, sugar, and good old white flour. Anything we can do to help you add a few lbs, dear children, pets, and neighbors! Because baby Jesus is so precious, I'll throw in some oil and salt too.
But who cares, we can swim it off tomorrow.
These are my new favorite cookies ever ever ever ever ever ever.
Gingersnaps
2 c. sugar1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 c. molasses
4 c. flour
4 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. salt
In a bowl, combine the sugar and oil. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in molasses. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Mix them slowly into the molasses mixture. Shape into 1 inch round balls and roll in sugar. Place on greased baking sheet and bake for about 9 minutes at 350 degrees. My friend likes to dunk half of them in white chocolate. I think they are perrrrrrrfect with coffee.
Make these and eat six a day. Then you too can be as jolly and round as me!


