Ok. Best chocolate cupcakes ever. And they are gluten-freeeeeeeeee. That's me singing it like an opera singer, in the annoying way I do when I am wearing my proud-mom-pants.
I made them for both girls' birthdays, and took the recipe from this blog: Sarah Bakes
1 c. milk (I used 2%)
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. oil
2 c. gluten-free flour (see here)
1 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 c. hot fresh brewed coffee (I used Starbucks Sumatra)
Use your kitchenaid mixer - paddle attachment. Combine the wet ingredients (except the coffee) in the mixer. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. (I always used to skip the sifting thing because the sound it makes makes me want to eat my hair. But really, we should sift. Because there are lots of little rocks of cocoa powder that need to be sifted. Facts, girls.) Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix. Slowly pour in the coffee, mixing as you pour.
Pour into cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

