School starts in 5 days. Congrats people - you're on the final count. Breathe in, breathe out. Patience is your friend. Bike rides are too. And let's not underestimate the T-to-the-V. I'm pretty sure that when the pediatrician asks me about screen time, he means except for the last week of summer. My kids might or might not be on disk 14 of Little House on the Prairie. But I feel like that's prep for Social Studies class. Right?
But summer has been good. Real good. Let's squeeze everything we can out of what's left.
So...mojitos. More specifically, Delish Mother of All Mojitos.
Making mixed drinks beyond rum and cokes is intimidating. Not these. I promise!
1 Tbsp. sugar
half a lime
a can of ginger-ale
2 shots (give or take!) rum
4 or 5 icecubes
Wash the mint leaves and put them on a cutting board. Top them with the sugar and chop it until it makes a paste. Put the paste into a tea sieve (or anything with super tiny holes) over a glass of ice. Pour the rum, then the juice of the lime, then the ginger ale through the crushed leaves. I pour it slowly and get in there with my finger, mushing the leaves as I go because I like a strong mint flavor. Traditional recipes call for soda water, don't do it. Do ginger ale. Its zip and sweetness is what makes this one so good!
Cheers!

