grumpies be gone


I have been taking myself waaaaay too seriously lately.  Which makes me irritable and grumpy and sleepy.  Which makes normally no-big-things make me feel like life is all going to shit. Shut down your bank accounts and sandbag your houses, the universe will implode in the next hour.  Maybe two.

I blame this insanely horrible winter, even though I've been hyggy-ing my hiney off.

Its just sooooooo  blaaaaahhhhh everrrrrrrywherrrrrre, Mommmmmmmmmmmmm.  Ugh.

My kids are whining it inside their little hearts and outside in their swinging fists.  And so am I, which leaves me very much wondering when the grown-ups are going to show up and take us to the pool or give us a licorice rope to make everything better.

There's legitimate little hiccups in life to blame, like getting strep throat and realizing I'm now geriatric enough that it takes seven times as long to get over things.  Similar to the way a snicker's candybar - a single stinking candybar! - affects my hips now that I'm in my fourth decade. 

But really its all truly no-big-things.  Which, in light of the fact that laughter is carbonated holiness (says Lammott), if I were in a better frame of mind, they could be just that - hiccups.

So...I'm doing little happy things like this:
 

And this:


And this:


Thank God for this little lady, who seems to sense the desperate need for laughter within these four walls and is pulling antics like this...


To be totally honest, I'm just plain saying Fuck It when Serious knocks at the door.  You know what I mean, don't you?  Its a mindset.

I have this condition inherited from my dad where I can't fake anything no matter how hard I try because my facial expressions betray me.  What I think is, for better or for worse, written on my face.  So here's what I want to look like...


"I plan to arrive at the end of this roller coaster with a firecracker in one hand and your hand in the other, head thrown back, yelling
'Whooo-hoooo that was one hell of a ride!'"