Nanny


This photo was from 7:15 this morning.  A time of day at which in my previous life I would rather be dead than awake.  But I have a kindergardener who rises v.e.r.y.  s.l.o.w.l.y.  in the morning.  She needs about 11/2 hours to drag herself up, get dressed, eat lucky charms (yes, I bribe her to the table with sugar cereal), put on shoes, and brush teeth and hair.  This morning, however, she was in unusually good spirits and we fit in four whole rounds of tic-tac-toe.  

I thought maybe the successful morning was due to the fact that I'm such an amazing mom.  Then I watched her walk to school, stop and lean against the tree just down the block, remove her socks (that I had forced her to wear b/c its 43 degrees outside), put them in her backpack, slip back on her extra sparkly extra cool glitter shoes, and continue walking to school.  I stand corrected.  My daughter has a mind of her own.  Its up to me to get out of the way.


My sister's sister-in-law, Megan, is our nanny this week.  I always wanted to see what it felt like to say that nanny word...it is pretty, pretty good, thank you!  River generously helped them make chocolate peanut butter cookies.



And Sage is just plain happy.

I'm one happy mama.