Um....we have a problem...
When I was pregnant, I blamed all inadequacies on my "with-child state". If I forgot to pay a bill, or forgot someone's name, or forgot to wear mascara or forgot my children's names, or forgot how to spell, or forgot to go the speed limit, I blamed it on the fact that all my brain cells had gone straight to my uterus.
Now it seems that such forgetfulness has not only NOT disappeared, it has multiplied. For starters, I'm finding myself repeating myself repeating myself repeating myself more than my mother. Which is a lot. Tonight when I asked River if he's excited to become a big boy and use the potty tomorrow, Eva said, "Mom I believe you already asked him that 3 times." She was right. She graciously didn't mention that it had been 3 times in the last 15 minutes. I guess the good news is that, for me, every time felt like the first time.
But back to the bad news. Prego Braino must be contagious, because Ryan has caught it. Tonight he circled our yard twice in the dark looking for his Carhart jacket. It had the checkbook in it, which I need because I have to write a check for Eva's school lunches (which I've forgotten for a consecutive two weeks now). He couldn't find the jacket anywhere and we decided he had taken it off when working in the front yard. And surely it had been stolen. (We also forgot our common sense.) He picked up his phone to call the bank. Then he remembered that he took it off in the church kitchen when he was getting ice on Saturday. And forgot it there. Whew.
But he also can't find his debit card. It was in his pants pocket because he forgot to put it back in his wallet. Now its gone. And he can't remember if he took it out of his pants pocket. Or what pants he was wearing.
Yesterday (or maybe it was today?) I actually called Sage "Whats-Her-Name".
When River starts potty-training tomorrow, I will consider the day a success if I remember: #1 - I have a son. #2 - He's not wearing a diaper. Wish me luck.