Whimsy

Here's how I know that Eva is a handful, but one heck of a fun kid:

* She recently came home and unzipped her jacket...and flashed me...she had NO SHIRT on.  I asked where it was, and she said she went in the bathroom before she left school and took it off and put it in her backpack b/c she wanted to surprise me.

* Last night when she was getting in the shower I asked her why her belly button was bright green.  She said her friend Gillian had dared her to go in the bathroom and color in her belly button, so she did it!  I reminded her that she doesn't have to take all dares.  Please pretty please remember that, my girl.

* When we were in the doctor's office this week waiting for the doctor to come in, she randomly turned to me and said, "Mom, do you know why Mr. Rodgers always wears long sleeves?"  "Why?" I asked.  "Because his arms are covered in tattoos."  I have to admit that although I was skeptical, I was convinced for a few minutes until she told me she made it up.

* She sleeps on the couch out on the landing instead of in her own bed because she wants to be closer to River and to monitor the action that might be going on downstairs.


"She lives as if she has a birthright for outrageousness." ~ Anne Lamott