And I love it.
Reason #2 I love Fall...
We have an extended backyard around the corner - known to some as Heritage Park. Known to us as "the train park". Where I walk back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. And back and forth on the sidewalk while the kids play.
It is absolutely remarkable how well they get along when they know I'm not in earshot. I usually get about an hour of back and forthing in before they tire of each other. It does help to have such a fantastic walking partner...
There are numerous other perks to this location. Its smack in the center of town, which means that on the most recent day there, I...
1. said hi to a friend who was out walking with her kids (that's you Bec!)
2. talked to our middle school janitor who was walking home
3. got 2 free loaves of bread from the woman across the street. (Does she not see from me walking that I already...well, nevermind, thanks for the bread. I can always use more.)
4. got a free newspaper from a passerby
5. watched the soccer game across the street
6. did not sweat when getting exercise for the first time in 5 months b/c its shaded
7. talked on the phone with Sweet Baby Kai and my sister
8. best of all - was treated to a concert, complete with "rock banjos" (a.k.a. shovels):
If you look closely, you'll also see that it has excellent restroom facilities...
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Fall......Reason #2 I love you. (first was apple picking - remember?)
And Reason #1 I love my small town life.





