I saw this really awesome wall-hanging at the Barn Sale last weekend.
It was for counting down the "days til".
I was saved from buying it by the fact that it was done on a chalkboard.
My teeth recede up to my eyeballs when I have to touch chalk or look at a chalkboard. (Maybe the reason I never did so well in middle school math class? Yes, that's it. That explains that.)
Becky taught me how to make a fun markerboard out of an old photo frame and some cloth. So the two combined ideas brought me to this:
So fun.
We really are going camping in only 7 days.
For 3 nights. Cannot wait. Really really really cannot wait!
I also made a blank one for posting quotes:
But let's talk about that...
"Go slowly...there is precious little time."
Ryan has but one speed, and let's just say its not fast.
When we park the car at the store, I am usually to the doors of the store before his car door finally shuts. I am not exaggerating.
The other day when River spilled his milk, I cupped my hands under the table to catch the milk that was pouring through the crack. I asked him to grab something to clean it up with. He finished his sandwich, went to the pantry, retrieved a new roll of paper towels, unwrapped them, threw away the wrapping, and then brought me ONE.
I swear it.
But most of the time, I'm grateful to him for slowing me down. I am made of many things, but not patience. I enjoy accomplishing things, but not processing any thing. I would rather repeat a task because it wasn't done well the first time than take my time doing it.
It is important though, isn't it? To slow down and breathe in our everyday living. To live the moments. There truly is so precious little time.
Thank you God for Ryan - who slows me down. Thank you for this life and my reasons named Eva, River, and Sage to go slowly.

