Little Red Babes

I was feeling very
Woa-is-me-ish,
Monday-gloomy,
Life-is-so-terribly-taxing,
Not-in-the-mood-ish
today.

I went outside to throw some clothes on the line
and caught a glimpse of red in the garden.

How can my pity party go on when I get to
eat fresh tomatoes from the garden in mid-October?!

I picked and ate at least 30 little red babies while I stood there.
The rest I will concoct something with for supper
just to remind me that life is so terribly not gloomy.


"We plow the fields and scatter the good seed on the ground.
But it is fed and watered by God's almighty hand.
He sends the snow in winter; the warmth to swell the grain;
The seed time and the harvest and soft refreshing rain.

All good gifts around us are sent from heaven above.
We thank you Lord, we thank you Lord,
For all your love."