Mom and Talashia and Cecilia, if you don't want to know, don't read this.
I predict Mom and Cecilia will read it. Talashia won't.
Our Christmas gifts were mostly homemade this year. I gave some flair to the women in my life. So easy to make, and so fun to put places. No pics, sorry.
I also made baskets of these homemade goodies...
Thanks to Sage McCage for the containers!
Here's a recipe for our favorite granola. Its modified a bit from recipes in the More with Less Cookbook and Simply in Season. For the record, if I'm ever stranded on a desert island with just one cookbook, please let it be Simply in Season.
Combine:
2 c. whole wheat four
6 c. oatmeal
1 c. coconut
1 c. wheat germ
1 c. nuts - pecans or almonds are best
Separately, combine:
1/2 c. water
1 c. canola oil
1 c. honey
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. almond flavoring (optional)
1 Tbsp. salt
Stir together.
Spread out on 2 greased cookie sheets and bake for 1 hour at 250 degrees. Lay out on wax paper to dry.
Mint, parsley, oregano, thyme, and sage from the garden. It just keeps on giving.
I really had fun making all this stuff! Hope they like it!







