The Parent Trap

When Kristie and I were in 5th grade, we had lots of slumber parties.  Fortunate for me, because I was extreeeeeeeemly bossy and took life verrrrrrry seriously and had one friend.  Kristie.  We watched Parent Trap at least twice every time.

"Let's get together, yeah yeah yeah, why don't you and I combine?  Let's get together, yeah, yeah, yeah, we can have a swingin' time"  




Remember!?  Oh I loved that movie.  So much.  Now I can read lots into it - wishing I had more friends, a fun camp experience, the drama of bringing parents back together.  But really it was probably simply that I was deprived of TV and movies and its just plain a great one.

So since the sonogram tech said we were having a girl almost 8 years ago, I've been SO looking forward to watching it with my girlie.

Every parent has their "crazy".  Mine is TV.  We don't watch it.  Oonnnnce in awhile we watch football on a Sunday afternoon, and we switch it to the weather channel for commercials.  The kids get to watch a little PBS.  Once in awhile.  Its my crazy.  So letting her watch a whole movie, and one rated PG at that, was really something.


We watched the new Disney version - when Lindsay Lohan was 10 years old.  SO fun.  Its strange though, to watch it through the eyes of a parent instead of a kid.  I actually paused the movie once, turned to Eva, and launched into a rendition of "That lady isn't nice.  She might be pretty, but she's treating people so horribly.  See what happens when people are selfish...."  Eva looked at me like I put my mom-pants on backwards and lost my mind.  I stopped mid-sentence and with a "Nevermind," and pushed play.  Der.

The Chachi-Band asked if we could go find Lindsay Lohan's house and they could be friends.  Um.  (insert crazy rant of "see what tv watching can do to a young mind?!! here)

But what a great night.  She watched it two more times the next day.  If she would've asked to watch it a third time, I would've said yes.


And a good night all around, because the boys watched tractor clips on the internet for 2 hours.  (How is that possible?!)