We kicked off summer with a trip to KC this weekend!
The familiar pit in my stomach showed up within a few miles of crossing the county line.
I loved living there so much. Really deeply loved the people, my job, our apartment, our church, the shopping, how fast people drove, our two incomes, our freedom, just all of it.
I always feel truly physically sick for awhile after arriving back there - full of the emotion of what we left behind mixed with deep gratitude for what we have where we live now.
The Bergan family is very special to us, and Charlene makes the most amazing brunches (sticky bacon, bloody marys, eggs in a bag, coffee, sticky roles, fresh fruit...) so like any smart moochers would, we started off there.

I was Paige's 5th grade teacher. She just finished her first year of college.
I'm old.
She's smart and fun and so terribly sweet.
And majoring in English. Oh so so so so so proud am I!
When Eva was 4 months old and it was time for me to return to work, I called Charlene and asked her to keep Eva at her home while we taught.
She said no.
So I asked her to pray about it and I would call her in a week. When I called back, she said something about baby gates. I promised to buy out the baby gate store.
She said yes.
Eva spent two years as part of their family, and they loved her and taught her so much. Its priceless having that kind of care for your children!
See? She has the touch.
Ryan and I suggested something called Bergan Summer Camp.
A very very good idea.
I mentioned that this would be what it would be like if they had 5 kids. Who wouldn't want to find that out, right?
They seemed to find that funny.
More to come about our KC weekend in upcoming posts.


