Jane Hosey-Stern is living her dream.
She is the proprietress and artist of Junque Drawer Boutique in Olathe. GO THERE.
I met Jane when we both taught junior high in Overland Park. During my plan time, I would stop by the coffee, then go into her sanctuary of an office, shut the door, and she would give me free counseling until my plan time ended, or maybe awhile after. She would say that we were in there gossiping and planning and creating and dreaming and growing a friendship.
I would argue that we were both very busy growing a person - Me.
She inspired me to look within
open myself to new people
follow my gut
be irreverent
live out loud
be real
and to stick with the "weirdo" students with whom I fell in-love and who no one else could tolerate.
She is absolutely one of a kind, and so is everything she creates. She's no longer working in the schools, but instead has this incredible emporium of all things lovely and big and inspiring. You really must go there.
We went there this weekend, and just seeing her again was a reminder of how good it feels to be real. Seeing all the awesome things in her studio was a reminder of how creative and unique she is. And did I mention dream-chaser?
Aunt Jane loaded us up with goodies. The kids thought they had hit heaven, and I knew I had hit beyond there.
Look at my new rings! She whipped up my new T ring while we were there.
Everything you never knew you wanted is spilling out everywhere.
I came home with this one...
She put this necklace on Buzz, and suddenly our son is frat boy about 15 years early.
an artist at work
not my favorite picture of us, but still makes me happy because I love this woman!

GO THERE. GO to the THERE.
Find it on facebook for lots more pictures. GO THERE.








