Jesus said you have to be [joyful like a child],
or you will get a chair in heaven
near the Aerosol Cheese Products, not the cherries and peaches.
or you will get a chair in heaven
near the Aerosol Cheese Products, not the cherries and peaches.
(- Anne Lamott in a recent post)
I'm a fan of spray cheese. Especially on long road trips. But the chair by the fruit does sound much more bearable...eternity-wise.
Ryan has been working allllll weekend.
I have a head cold that has taken up residence in my frontal lobe. Its like someone wearing heavy-duty work boots stepped on my face, right across my nose and cheeks. They paused there just to be obnoxious and then walked on. This face throb just won't leave, no matter how much ibuprofen I throw at it.
Eva and River cannot be in the same room without throwing punches. They are incredible and smart and adorable and kind and creative and fun and interesting in their own right. But together, they are THE Tasmanian Devil.
We can't go to the park because our bodies will stick to the frozen equipment.
Our nanny has been out of the state for 2 weeks now.
There was a grown-up party next door, but I sent Ryan to it instead of me because good grief he's a hard worker. He got to stay out til 2 am. I got to not stay out til 2 am and not be with grown-ups.
BUT.....
I reeeaalllly want that prime eternal seating. So....
There are monster cookies in the oven.
We are listening/dancing/fighting to an awesome mix cd of kids' music from Auntie Kara.
Eva is "baking" on the kitchen table with flour, butter, and water. She can't ingest the flour but she still loves to experiment with it.
KU is playing! ROCK CHALK!!
Riv has a friend coming over soon.
I'm about to do the first of 12 loads of laundry, which actually makes me happy because every last pair of leggins is dirty.
CHOOSE JOY. Do it with me. I dare you. Joy is NOW. I believe it!!!
I'll share my monster cookies, because chocolate and peanut better are naturally homeopathic remedies for grouchy bla winter Sundays, right?
This is your recipe, Melody!
And - all my GF reader friends - its GF!!
2 eggs
1/3 c. margarine
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. peanut butter
3 c. oats
1 c. m&ms
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mix together well everything but the oats, m&ms, and chocolate chips. Mix in the oats. Mix in the candy! Put raquet ball size balls on a greased cookie sheet. I use 2 scoops of the cookie scooper per cookie. Bake at 350 for 11 minutes - careful not to overbake!

