So I caught a ride to Goshen with some friends, and Mr. Insanely Incredibly Capable Husband Studman stayed home with all three kiddos for four days. That's four bedtimes all by himself. And lots of meals. And lots of tantrums. I came home to happy kids, confetti all over the house and yard (ChachiBand wanted it sparkly clear how happy she was to have me home!), and get this....a clean house. Even the kids' rooms. I really need to go away more often.
I went to spend time with my sister's family and new to this world Zephaniah.
Just look at him. Sigh. Just look...
And look at this one, who suddenly seems old enough and tall enough and smart enough for college...
All four of their aunties swooped in for the weekend to teach them how to misbehave.
Talashia and I got out for the first time in seriously a decade. And had what might be the single greatest culinary experience of my life.
It was maybe also the amazing atmosphere and the gift certificate we were using and the sweet sweet baby we were holding and the great convo. It was also THIS PIZZA.
It had figs, three cheeses I can't pronounce, walnuts, pancetta, arugula and truffle oil. Oh.my.word.
And then just to push me over the edge, I got to hold the baby and eat panna cotta with fresh dark cherries. Seriously un-toppable. Ever.
And now back to routine at home. Holy moly its a lot of work around here. I mean a lot o' work, my friends. But also so deep to the core of me rewarding and just plain home.
This cup, it runs over.




