change

You know how everybody has their something?

That thing that you're supposed to overcome, but keeps coming up.  That something that makes you beg for an easy button. That threatens to make you at any moment throw a foot-stomping 3 year old tantrum.  But really when you put on your big girl self and wrestle with it, that thing that brings you much closer to yourself and everyone else and truth and God and really, all things good.  But usually there's some bad and some binging on some vices and some tears between here and there.

Mine is change.

Not the actual things that are changing, but the process.


School is getting out and we are entering a new routine.  And Ryan is changing jobs which means big time change in our home.  I could not be more excited for both things - to be in late June and in our new way.  But getting from here to there, ug, I hate it.  Like Open The Fridge And Eat The Potato Salad Straight From The Tupperware With A Fork hate it.  I have this palpable feeling of dread and unsettledness.  I'm anxious and generally over-cautious and hyper-critical.  And ohhhhhhh so grouchy.

So like we all try to do with our thing, I'm trying to breathe deeply, pay attention, show patience, pray, treat myself kindly, and not eat all the potato salad.

Because I think if I can breathe through this change, I can maybe get closer to truth.  And maybe not freak too much.  And maybe really enjoy this time with my family.

Here we go.......