the book stack

Still feeding my reading addiction.  Its like a plate of food....you want more than one thing on your plate.  And you don't want all the food to be the same color.  Or flavor.  And you sometimes don't want your food to touch, but it always ends up mixing together anyway, especially at the end, and your whole experience was better for it.   

This is the way with books.  And they are meant to be consumed.  Consumed, my friends!!!!!  This means nevermind the spines, and read them outside and while you eat, and turn down the corners, and get chocolate and coffee rings on the pages.  I live for finding a corner that was once turned down on a library book.  Or an eyelash, or a finger smudge.  Its like a reminder that someone else consumed it too - read these words and thought about what they were reading.  And they were living lives and going about their business.  Like a shared experience with anonymous strangers over food for thought.  

I'm a book nerd.  I own it.  You should join me....


Wheat Belly by William Davis............holy moly we should not eat wheat.  This is fact.

God's Hotel by Victoria Sweet........a memoir about a doctor's experience at Laguna Honda, a hospital in California, and the slow, patient-centered, creative way they do medicine.

The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis.......a novel.  Go me.  And Oprah told me to read it.

After Visiting Friends by Michael Hainey......another 921 call number.  This is the only book I've read since I can remember that as hard as I try, I can't make sense of it when I don't read it in order.  Its that well-written and clever and intriguing.  A reporter is piecing together the story of his father's mysterious death.  Its about coming of age and coming to self and just plain life.  


And my view when I was reading.  I love this room, and its people and cat.