come on in

Oh my goodness, its really really here.  Thank you, Fall, for showing up.  Just when we needed our days to be shorter, our tempers to be longer, our breath to be deeper, and our hoodies to be zippered!

We let Fall in this weekend with rugby, fires, and sleep.

Ryan's playing on a Wichita club team, and wow they mean business.  I don't understand the game at all, but here's what I do know: Big guys run and run and don't stop, and they often tear each other down to the ground, and no one wears helmets or pads, and sometimes they yell words like "scrum, bind, engage," and there's a big ball that kind of looks like a football, and they wear short shorts, and LOOK AT THEIR SOCKS!  Seeing Ryan in those made the club fees and evenings he's gone totally worth it.  Hi.lar.ious.

Look at that big guy on the left.  Please, Goliath, don't break my husband.




We didn't camp at the Winfield bluegrass festival this year, and good friends - knowing I would be gloomy about missing out - called and suggested an UnWinfield Hotdog Roast.


If you listen closely enough, I think you could truly hear things slowing around here.
I don't just love this season, I love the changing that happens in these few weeks.
Fall, you are good good good to us.